Mexico: Large fire at Club de Yates de Acapulco.
An explosion when a yacht was refuelling leads to a large fire.
Published 4 years ago
ACAPULCO, Mexico (CBS Newspath) — A large fire at a yacht club in Acapulco, Mexico broke out on December 29, injuring two men with second- and third-degree burns.
Authorities say that both men, who were also bruised in the incident, are being treated at a local hospital.
A statement from the Secretary of Civil Protection for Guerrero revealed that the fire, which started at 8 a.m. local time was caused when fuel sparked after one of the boats refuelled.
The fire then spread to a neighbouring boat and a fuel pump.
A speedboat named the Cucciao and a sailboat called the Veloce 2 were destroyed in the fire at the upscale Club de Yates de Acalpulco.