Latest News

Pandemic in Paradise: A Chronicle of the Pandemic Response Among Cruisers

Date Published - June 01, 2020

These reports (part 1 and 2) by Daria Blackwell of the Ocean Cruising Club give an excellent overview of what has been going on around the world within the cruising community during the covid-19 crisis and give the bigger picture of how so many cruisers have been affected…. Read More

Last Update - June 01, 2020

Busy Atlantic hurricane season predicted for 2020

Date Published - May 22, 2020

An above-normal 2020 Atlantic hurricane season is expected, according to forecasters with NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center, a division of the National Weather Service. The outlook predicts a 60% chance of an above-normal season, a 30% chance of a near-normal season and only a 10% chance of a below-normal season. The… Read More

Last Update - May 22, 2020

Noonsite Needs You!

Date Published - May 15, 2020

We are dedicated to continuing to bring you information that will inspire and facilitate your cruising plans, but want to remind you how you can get involved and support Noonsite too…. Read More

Last Update - May 15, 2020

French Polynesia: Cruisers Economic Impact Survey

Date Published - May 14, 2020

Following a succession of hostile acts and aggression toward the cruising community in certain French Polynesian Islands, L’Association des Voiliers en Polynésie have set up a survey to allow them to precisely calculate the economic impact of boating in Polynesia. If you have sailed to FP in the past, are… Read More

Last Update - May 14, 2020

Covid-19: Advice for Non-EU Sailors Stuck in the EU

Date Published - May 12, 2020

Whether you left your yacht in Europe while returning home for the winter, or you are still on board and stuck in lockdown in an EU country, it’s a worrying time if your visa expiration date, or visa-free period is running out, and/or you have a non-VAT paid boat getting… Read More

Last Update - May 12, 2020

USA: Coast Guard Using New Tool to Help Distressed Mariners

Date Published - May 08, 2020

First Coast Guard District command center crews, from Maine to Northern New Jersey, have a new tool to help distressed mariners come home to their families after being out to sea. The i911 program allows for watchstanders to use a mariner’s cellphone number to assist in finding their location for… Read More

Last Update - May 08, 2020

Indian Ocean Lockdown

Date Published - May 07, 2020

Where’s open and where’s not? A quick guide for Indian Ocean Passagemakers. … Read More

Last Update - June 02, 2020